This is a flavorful addition to a weekend picnic lunch, and then we use the leftovers as a condiment, salad topping and side dish throughout the week.
- 1 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 1 small anaheim pepper, chopped or a 1 TBS of chopped jalapeno, if you want spice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup RR&Co Heirloom Garlic Oxymel
- ¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1 TBS caraway seeds
- 1-1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
Toss together cabbage, carrots, and pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
Bring lemon juice, caraway seeds, and salt to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool for a few minutes. Add in RR&Co Heirloom Garlic Oxymel and olive oil, then pour over the cabbage mixture; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Stir in parsley just before serving.