- 8 cups water
- 4 Reishi slices, broken up into smaller pieces
- 1 onion chopped, with skins
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- Bundle of fresh Thyme and/or Parsley
- ¼ cup dried Calendula flowers, optional
- ¼ cup Astragalus, optional
- 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker on low. Cook for 8 hours. Add Thyme and/or Parsley cook on low for 4 more hours. Strain contents through sieve or colander. Reserve the broth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
*We like to think of this recipe as a framework for broth. To keep this simple, use what you have on hand and mix-up the vegetables and herbs, as it works for you. Use dried herbs, if you do not have fresh. This can be made on the stove-top, but for convenience, it is a cinch to make in a slow cooker.