- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 c vegetable broth
- 4 cups of Nettle leaves, or Spinach leaves
- fresh chives to garnish
- salt & pepper, to taste
1.In a large pot heat 1tbsp of olive oil, add chopped onion, garlic, celery and leave to cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
2. After 5 minutes add potatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer, and cook for about 10-15 minutes checking potatoes for softness.
3. After potatoes are soft, add Nettles to the pot and simmer for 2-5 more minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. We like to use an immersion blender.
5. Stir in salt & pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped chives